MetraWeather is your source of powerful weather intelligence
MetraWeather stands for a clear promise: to give businesses a competitive edge through world-leading delivery of powerful weather intelligence.
Backed by the meteorological expertise, technical innovation and operational excellence of New Zealand's MetService,
MetraWeather knows weather like no-one else - and our purpose is to create ways to help you turn this knowledge into better
business decisions and great commercial outcomes.
Our world-leading weather forecasting service puts weather into context and helps organisations
confidently leverage positive weather events, mitigate the risks and alleviate losses using science-based
insights and data.
MetraWeather can assist with:
- High-level analysis of historical sales data and correlation to weather data to better
forecast customer demand for specific product categories
- Research on weather-correlated thresholds and parameters that will trigger dashboard
alerts and predictive guidance
- Establish the best mix of customised forecasts for companywide decision making to maximise
profits, increase efficiencies, reduce waste, increase stock availability and improve customer satisfaction
- Guidance on integrating forecasts in retail, distribution and marketing dashboards to
guide decisions on weather-related opportunities and risks
Recent demand forecast analysis by a leading UK supermarket and customer of MetraWeather showed that,
for those products where sales were affected by weather, lost sales could be reduced by 6% and wastage by 1%,
leading to a reduction in costs of around 2%.
MetraWeather provides integrated weather forecasts as a result of the analysis undertaken and also supports retailers
including, Tesco, Morrisons, The Co-operative, Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and ASDA, along with suppliers and manufacturers including Dyson.
MetraWeather Advisory services include:
- Correlation studies and demand forecasts
- Operational thresholds alerts via SMS, email and portal alerts
- Purpose-built, online information portals
- Weather training workshops
- Data integration